Sunday, May 29, 2011

Day 7: Almost complete!

I can't believe we're almost done with the flats and handwashing challenge. In a way I'm kind of sad because it was fun to read everyone's blogs and it was nice talking with everyone on Twitter and Facebook. I'm really excited though to start using my washer and dryer again! I've missed them so much! But since we've had a lot of sun lately I will be using my washer more often than my dryer that's for sure! I'm sure I will have two more loads to do today. I'm about to go do my morning load after I post this, and then I should do one more before bedtime. I didn't think I would make it through the week though. I for sure thought I was going to give up that first day since it was hell trying to get the diapers clean. I'm so glad I stuck to it though, I feel so accomplished.

We also have to keep in mind with this whole challenge was about. If there are people out there struggling and wondering how they can make ends meet I would HOPE they would come across any of the blogs posted for this challenge and see that it is totally possible. I honestly think the best part about CDing is the cloth diaper community it's self. It seems like whenever some one has a problem or feel like they need extra input, the fellow CDers are always willing to help! It's so nice to know we can turn to some one when we are in need. If it were problems with disposables we'd have to turn to the manufactures, and we all know how THAT turns out. *rolls eyes* I now know that this is something that is totally do-able and if I ever was in the position that I needed to do this, I would already know how and I would be totally willing to do it for my babies. No doubt in my mind! It broke my heart hearing the stories of parents leaving their babies in disposable diapers for too long or even letting the disposables air dry after each use just to use them again! I'm sure they meant well, but were not educated enough to realize that it is not healthy and there are other ways to diaper your baby with out putting them in danger of getting sick or worse! This challenge was very humbling, and I feel very blessed to have the things that we have.

Well, I'm off to wash a load of diapers!

That's all for today my fellow fluffy friends!

For more information and rules on the Flats and Handwashing Challenge visit Dirty Diaper Laundry.


No comments:

Post a Comment