Saturday, May 28, 2011

Day 5 & 6: Flats on the go!

I didn't make a post yeasterday for day 5 because I was WAY to busy to even sit down, much less post. It was my mother's birthday today so yesterday my aunt took my mom & the kids and I out for lunch! So when I was packing the diaper bag yesterday. I first was thinking of putting my fitteds in there like I always do... DUH you're still taking the challenge, dumby! So instead of paking about 4 fitteds I was able to pack 8 flats! I could have fit more in there but I thought 8 was enough to last us for the outting.


I also perfected the origami fold with the pinch technique. It allowed for a super trim fit and created some AWESOME gussets around the legs. I've grown to love the origami fold now.




So yesterday I didn't do a single load of diapers and man did that come back to bite me in the you know what. I had to do two loads this morning and the second load took me forever because that was a load that had Nate's poopy diaper in it. I will spare you the details, but let's just say that Nate will NOT be eating anymore popcorn until the challenge is over! YUCK! I had to do two wash cycles and then THREE rinse cycles just to get everything out. It was not fun!

Thursday evening we got some bad storms so that meant drying our flats inside! I usually dry them out in the sun and I have been lucky enough to have had sun through out this whole week! Thursday morning I was able to dry some outside but when I did a second load around 4 or 5 I had to dry them inside due to the storms. So the drying rack was placed on top of our pack and play and it worked perfect!



Today we went to my parents house to swim in their pool and I just used a normal flat with a cover like always. Works perfect as a swim diaper. I think that pretty much wraps up day 5 and 6! I'm having a great time doing this challenge but I can't wait to go back to my washer and dryer! My arms, hands, and even my BUTT are killing me! My bottom hurts just from sitting on the edge of our bath tub while washing diapers. haha

That's all for today my fellow fluffy friends!

For more information and the rules on the flats and handwashing challenge please visit Dirty Diaper Laundry.


No comments:

Post a Comment