Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Day 2: OH! The places our flats will go!

Congratulations!
Today is day two.
You’re off to a great pace!
You’re off and away!

You have brains in your head.
You have bums in your dipes.
You can hand wash them yourself anyway you choose.
You’re on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the gal who’ll decide where your flats go.

Seems like since we started this challenge it looks like some sort of cloth diaper fairy has thrown up all over our house! The flats are EVERYWHERE!!!! I'm starting to get the hang of washing them though. I think I cut my time in half this morning compared to when I did my first wash last night. I did this by ONLY washing my flats in the camp style washer and washing my covers in the sink. It seems like everything gets cleaner that way.

I thought for day two I would try to be more thorough with everything I have been doing from washing my flats to where I'm hanging them, even down to what kind of detergent I've been using. I picked up some free & clear laundry detergent called ECOs.


In the background of this picture is my camp style washer which is just a Home Depot paint bucket with a hole cut out in the center of the lid which is where my plunger handle goes through. I also drilled several holes into the plunger so the water can circulate. ECOs detergent has been working GREAT for us, I can feel how clean my diapers are after washing them.

Now I will show you where all of my flats have been hangin' out lately. They've been on the balcony.

They've been in the dinning room on a chair.

They've been in the bathroom and kicked the towels to the sidelines.


They've even been enjoying the southern charm and rocking in the warm breeze, soaking up the sun. I didn't let them have a glass of sweet tea though you know, tea stains...


Our wipes and doublers (for night time only) have found a great place to hang dry and that's in the laundry room on our shelf. They sure do miss that washer, I'm sure of it.



As for bedtime last night, it went great! I just folded two flats into the pad fold and laid them into a Thirsties Duo cover. I LOVE those covers for night time, they are big and the leg gussets help to make a great fit and hold in any poop. I have to say that my fleece liners have came in REALLY handy during this challenge. You can not use a diaper sprayer during the challenge and the fleece helps the poo just drop right into the toilet. Which leaves me with little to almost no poop at all to put into the camp style washer.

I can forsee this challenge turning to a weight loss challenge... why? because that camp style washer is NO JOKE! It is a freakin' work out. My hands and arms have never seen a work out like this before. I will call it The Diaper Weightloss Challenge: How I Lost Weight Washing Diapers By Hand. (kidding of course)

Here is Kim's update for day two and her (very cute might I add) Vlog! Dirty Diaper Laundry



No comments:

Post a Comment